- What is PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet?
You can access PPS via the PCCW eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet device to login with your PPS Account Number/Name and PPS Internet Password for payment anytime.
- What are the functions available in PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet?
PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet supports the following functions:-
- Pay bill (Now or 30 days schedule payment)
- Add bill
- Enquire payment history
- Edit or delete bill schedule
- Is there any charge in using PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet?
No, there is no charge in using PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet.
- What should I do in order to use PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet?
You must have a PPS Account Number/Name and PPS Internet Password. To set up an 8-digit PPS Internet Password, please bring your ATM card, or a credit card with ATM function to the PPS Registration Terminal located at designated Circle K Convenience Stores or PCCW Shops.
- How to use PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet?
After you have opened a PPS account and setup a PPS Internet Password, you can follow the below steps to pay bills.
- Click "Add Bill"
- Select Merchant by Code/Name/Category
- Key in Bill Number
- Input Bill Nickname (Optional)
- Enter One-time Password for selected merchants that require Two-factor Authentication
Please note: With effect from 28 July 2013, bill registration for Credit Services, Securities Broker and The Hong Kong Jockey Club will only be available via PPS by Phone and PPS by Internet.
- Click "Pay Bill"
- Select a bill
- Key in bill type (if any)
- Key in Payment Amount
- Pay Now, click 'Proceed' button.
- For Schedule Payment (preset a forward bill payment for next 30 days ahead), select Payment Date, click 'Proceed' button.
- Verify the payment instruction and click 'Pay' button, note the Payment Reference Number / Schedule Instruction Number.
- How can I enquire whether the payment is made successfully?
A Payment Reference Number is given at the end of each completed and successful payment transaction. If you have any questions, please check the "Payment History".
- What kind of transactions are One-time Password (OTP) required on PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet?
OTP is required for the following transactions:
- bill registration for selected merchants# via PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet
- first-time bill payment for selected PPS merchants# via PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet for bills registered via PPS phone channel
#All merchants excluding those in the categories of Primary or Secondary Education, Post-secondary or Specialised Education, Government or Statutory Organisation & Public Utility.
- How to obtain a One-time Password?
Before you proceed with your transaction, PPS will prompt you to enter a 6-digit OTP and send the OTP via SMS to your mobile phone number registered in our system. Please do not reply to the SMS. Otherwise, SMS charge from mobile network operator may be applicable.
To receive the OTP, you should firstly register your Hong Kong/Macau mobile phone number in the PPS system. Keep your mobile phone in a safe place and make sure it is switched on with SMS enabled and sufficient memory to receive the OTP.
With effect from 30 October 2011, SMS for OTP originating by PPS will be sent to your mobile phone number registered via PPS registration terminal. This OTP will not be forwarded to other phone number even though you have enabled "SMS Forwarding" service provided by mobile phone service providers in Hong Kong.
Note: Please note that delivery of SMS messages requires support from mobile network operator. PPS shall not be liable for any damage, cost, expense or loss resulted from interference, delay or non-delivery of SMS messages caused by equipment failure or network problem of mobile network operators and the related technical support companies.
- How to register/change the mobile phone number?
Please bring along your ATM card or credit card with ATM function to any PPS Registration Terminal, choose "Setup/ Change Mobile No." function to register/change the mobile phone number.
- Is there any charge for receiving the One-time Password (OTP)?
PPS will not charge you for sending the OTP. Please contact your mobile network operator for any applicable SMS charges.
- Why can't my One-time Password be accepted by the system?
Each OTP is valid only for the respective transaction within a short time, therefore it may not be accepted by the system after the time limit and an error message will be displayed. You can repeat the procedure and PPS will send another OTP to you via SMS to confirm the transaction.
- How can I delete a bill?
Please login to PPS by Internet via a personal computer or call 18011 and then press '4' to delete your registered bill.
- How can I arrange or edit a "Monthly Payment"?
Please login to PPS by Internet via a personal computer to make arrangement for "Monthly Payment".
- Can I exit PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet by closing the phone Internet browser or switching off the Smartphone/ Tablet?
We strongly recommend you to click the "Logout" button to exit the service. This is the only way to guarantee that your account is appropriately logged off.
- What is the cut-off time for PPS payment transaction?
Cut-off time for PPS payment transaction is 7:00p.m. from Monday to Friday except Saturday, Sunday and public holidays (Hong Kong Time). Transaction made beyond the cut-off time will be processed on the next working day. Fund availability of your payment varies with individual merchant. Please refer to the merchant's bill statement or contact the merchant for details.
- What can I do if I forgot my PPS Account Number?
Please bring along your ATM card or credit card with ATM function and go to any PPS Registration Terminal to retrieve your PPS Account Number by using the 'Enquire Account' function.
- What can I do if I forgot my PPS Internet Password?
Please bring along your ATM card or credit card with ATM function and go to any PPS Registration Terminal to setup a brand new PPS Internet Password by using 'Setup/ Change Password' function.
- If my eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet has been crashed or disconnected from the Internet unintentionally or changed to another website during payment transaction processing, how do I know that my payment transaction is executed?
You may re-login to PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet to check your previous transaction status by viewing the "Payment History". However, if you cannot access to the "Payment History" successfully, you can call our PPS hotline at 2311 9876.
- What should I do if a message appears saying my PPS Account has been disabled after I wrongly entered PPS Internet Password or One-time Password consecutively for a number of times?
To resume the service, please use the "Open / Update Account" function at our nearest PPS Registration Terminal, choose the same PPS withdrawal bank account and input a NEW PPS phone and internet password.
- Is PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet secure?
We adopt industry security technology and practices to safeguard your account from any unauthorized access.
- Two-factor Authentication
PPS Two-factor Authentication uses two different types of information to verify your identity:
You are required to enter your PPS Account Number or PPS Account Name and PPS Internet Password to authenticate your identity.
PPS will send a One-time Password (OTP) via SMS to your mobile phone when you register or pay bills with selected merchants. You are requested to enter the OTP to confirm the transaction.
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption
'128-bit SSL' is an international adopted standard to ensure the flow of information between you and PPS is under secure protection. The information is encrypted (changed to a code, which cannot be read) before transmission. Only an authorized receiver with appropriate software can unlock the code, changing it back to the original readable information. Therefore, the communication between you and us can be maintained in high confidentiality and integrity.
A firewall is set up to help prevent unauthorized access by hackers.
- Time-out Function
To help prevent unauthorized access, PPS will automatically be disconnected after the service is idle for a certain period of time.
- Maximum Attempts for Login / One-time Password
Your account will be suspended if you enter an incorrect PPS Internet Password or One-time Password consecutively for a number of times.
- Login Trail
Your last login details will be displayed for your verification and easy trail.
The followings are the security tips for you to protect your mobile phone device for receiving the OTP. For the full set of security tips of PPS, please visit PPS website.
- Install and run anti-virus program in your mobile and keep the virus definition file up-to-date
- Ensure your mobile phone is switched on with satisfactory connection status and sufficient memory to receive SMS when receiving One-time Password for two-factor authentication
- Please verify the details carefully in the SMS before input the OTP in PPS
- Well manage the SMS in your mobile phone
- Better set up auto-lock and enable passcode lock to prevent unauthorized access of your handsets
- Install your personal information in your mobile device, e.g. Phone Password or Internet Password
- Leave your mobile phone device unattended to prevent it from thefts
- Share your mobile phone device to others
- Redirect your SMS or mobile calls to other mobile phone number when receiving One-time Password for two-factor authentication
- What should I do if my mobile phone for receiving the OTP is lost?
You should report to your mobile network operator immediately. You may also want to change the mobile phone number through the nearby PPS Registration Terminal, if necessary.
- What should I do if my mobile phone number for receiving the OTP has been changed?
You should bring along your ATM card or credit card with ATM function to the nearby PPS Registration Terminal to change your mobile phone number. Upon successful update, your new mobile phone number will be registered in the PPS system immediately.
- Who should I contact if I found problems related to technical issues or settings in using PPS on eye Home Smartphone/ eye Home Tablet?
If it is related to the device or connection issue, please contact PCCW for details.